Re: Rear Axle Ratios

To: GMARQUIS@oavax.csuchico.edu, Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Ratios
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 18:19:17 -0400
At 01:23 PM 6/18/96 -0700, GMARQUIS@oavax.csuchico.edu wrote:

>  Steve...
> I to am looking to get some sort of cruising ratio for my +4. I will
> soon be replacing the engine with a slightly modified unit. Instead
> of going to a different rear ratio I intend to try to modify a later
> model 5 speed to fit. I have done this with some success on other
> cars but the Morgan with it's remote gearbox location should be a
> challenge. If you or anyone else in the group is interested we can
> collaborate on this project.

You might want to check Fred Sisons book.  I thinK he did something
like that several years ago.  It might also be worth the call to
Fred.  I've found him to be very helpful and friendly.

PS. I just read the next post before this went out, and Steve Manwell
is right it was an over drive.  But I'd still call Fred and see if
he has done this mod.  His address is:

Fred Sisson
5807 Western Hills Dr.
Norcross, Ga.  30071