Re: engine colors

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: Re: engine colors
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:52:33 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Will Zehring wrote:

> Fellow mog-o-philes:

> I have a sense that factory habbits were flexible as regards details of the
> Mog.  However, every Mog I've seen has the fire wall in black.  Is this
> basically true?  I was thinking of cleaning up the engine and painting it,
> but what color?  I don't mean to imply that I'm intent upon absolute
> originality, but...  I'm talking about the ford engine here, so please don't
> tell me to paint it Ford blue (that color makes me urpy).  I cheer for every

        Why not a medium gray? I painted the Green Man's engine thusly
        last year... It helps me track where the leaks are coming from
        (not that I can control them or anything silly like that... it
        IS nice to know where they are...). the gray is cooler than the
        gray they paint Fordson tractors... Hell, pass it off as a FORDson
        tractor engine... All the better english cars have agricultural
        roots... stems too!

        I've gotta leaf

        Greg "Farmer Alfalfa was a friend of mine" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois