Re: engine colors

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine colors
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:28:35, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Will;
Only suggestion i would make is to seal the crack between the firewall
panel and the chassis cross rail. The fire wall fits behind the rail
and there is nothing to seal out water. Every Morgan I've ever rebuilt
had bad rust in the area from  the  trapped water.
3 M has a product called Drip Check. It come in a tube and is a
rubberize type caulk. Its paintable so and holds  the paint well while
keeping out the water.
See My next post for more details on  its use.
BTW  My only Financial interests in the 3 M company is a 20 cent off
coupon  on my the next roll of Scotch tape.

Make sure That 4/4 engine gets painted a nice color. If it can't go
fast it should at least look pretty!!    :)

Bob Nogueira " A Plus 4 Kind of Guy "

> Date: Wednesday, 26-Jun-96 12:59 PM
>
> From: Will Zehring             \ Internet:
> (wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu)
> To:   Bob Nogueira             \ PRODIGY:     (NKED65A)
>
> Subject: engine colors
>
> Fellow mog-o-philes:
>
> Now, on to my next question:  as part of the continueing saga of the
> engine  pull...  As it looks pretty certain I'll be pulling the
engine for
> the rear  seal work, I thought it would also be a good time to spruce
up
> the engine  bay while waiting for parts.  John B. has already
recommended
> a special  paint for the fire wall, POR15, which I am ordering.
>
> I have a sense that factory habbits were flexible as regards details
of
> the  Mog.  However, every Mog I've seen has the fire wall in black.
Is
> this  basically true?  I was thinking of cleaning up the engine and
> painting it,  but what color?  I don't mean to imply that I'm intent
upon
> absolute  originality, but...  I'm talking about the ford engine here,
so
> please don't  tell me to paint it Ford blue (that color makes me urpy)
.  I