WZehring Tranny Probs?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: WZehring Tranny Probs?
From: CobMeister@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 13:03:05 -0400
Hey Gang,
  Friend Zehring posits:

>A member of my local car-guy support group suggests that my grinding noise
>(only heard when the clutch pedal is depressed) may, alternatively, simply
>be lack of lubricant on the pilot bushing.

  After again consulting the noted and notorious authority, Dr. Zigmund
Fraud, author of "Curing Ze Cylical Depression in Ze Auto Neurotic-Auto
Erotic Auto", I have reached the conclusion that the question of whether it
is a naughty pilot bushing or a lack of oil somewhere else is moot.  Based on
what you have told us previously, it is clear that the problem is actually
clutch pedal depression.  As you yourself admit, the noise is "only heard
when the clutch pedal is depressed."
  Is this, perhaps linked to a linkage problem?  Have you, perhaps, probed
the problem, so to speak?  To cut to the chase:  is the car aware that you
have been dreaming of selling it?  Replacing it, perhaps, with a Miata?  Did
you, perhaps, let the merest hint of your disgusting car disposal dreams leak
to the Morgan?
  Can you blame the Morgan for, in its depression, chattering, grinding, and
wailing a bit?
  Will oil help?  Well, as Fraud says, "Ze oilz never hurtz!"  And we all
know that depression is terribly hard to maintain when we are well oiled.
 So, I would suggest that you immediately beg your car's forgiveness for your
Auto Replacement Mania and liberally apply oil, or even grease, everywhere
possible.
  As for Master Zehring's further question,

>Regardless, it sounds like I can still make the drive to NJ in this
>car later in the year (?) w/o worry....

  Will, Will, Will!  Will it help to remind you that Morgans can go anywhere?
 Frankly, though, I cannot speak for the wisdom of a worry-free trip to NJ.
 Oh, I think that the car CAN make the trip alright, assuming you are
starting out somewhere west of Penzance and north of Tierra Del Fuego.  But
SHOULD the car make the trip?  That is the question.
  Did you know that in New Jersey they will not let you pump your own petrol?
 By law, you must permit others, possibly unclean others (and I don't mean
just "unwashed"), to slip the nozzle to Moggie.   Seems to me that the car's
depression is awfully well founded.
  Couldn't you go instead to, oh, maybe North Carolina or someplace like
that?  Much more suitable Morgan country.
  Hope that this has been some help?
  No, no!  Don't thank me!  My bill is in the mail...

--Colin Cobb,  Las Cruces, NM
   36 F2 & 66 Plus 4