Re: Vacuum

To: David McCoy <gdm@po.cwru.edu>
Subject: Re: Vacuum
From: "William E. Irwin" <cigrbill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:50:32 -0500
David McCoy wrote:

> Hi folks- My '66 +4 has a pollution vacuum device kown alternativly as
> either a "gulp valve" or a "Smiths  valve"  All of the hose connections are
> shown in detail in the catalog I got from Morgan Spares.
>
> Dave McCoy
>
> G. David McCoy, PhD                             phone: (216) 368-5963
> Department of Environmental Health Sciences       fax: (216) 368-3194
> Case Western Reserve University                  email: gdm@po.cwru.edu
> School of Medicine
> Cleveland, OH 44106

David, keep that gulp valve functioning correctly connected to the
carbs.  Your crankcase depends upon the gulp valve to relieve pressure.

I know, my was not functioning and I blew oil out through the rear seal.
 Fixed the gulp valve, including new diaphram.  Rear seal seems to be
holding.

But --- The oil out the rear seal bathed my clutch plates.  With time
some burned off, but it still is slipping.  Any ideas short of a new
clutch job?

        Bill