Re: Front Wheel Vibration

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front Wheel Vibration
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 97 08:59:00 PDT
I run my 1992 plus4 at about 18PSI on 195/60 radials and have been covering
about 8000 miles a year.  It needs a higher pressure when the back seats are
used and a couple of times I have left it high (straight neglect I am
afraid).  When I have done this I have noticed an increase in wear in the
centre of the tread.  Considering this, and the fact that there is no
excessive edge wear at the normal pressure, one explanation could be a
balance between tyre pressure and wear in a relatively light car.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4 4 Seater
Hampshire UK