RE: Morgan Drag

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Morgan Drag
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 14:37:00 PDT
As I am sure you all know "the factory"  put a car together for the BPR GT
series last year.  As part of the preparation they put a model through a
wind tunnel.  They reported significant downforce from the wings, but also
significant drag, especially from the wind shield, headlights and the rear
wings.  They made a few changes, they sloped the lights, put a spoiler in
front of the windscreen, rounded the rear wings some and put a big wing on
the back.  Pictures of the car are on the company web site, but no real
description of the preparation they did.  It was reported in Miscellany.

In racing it was several seconds off the GT2 pace  and always looked very
small against the competition.  The Unofficial  GT web site at "www.p9.com/"
 gives the results for last year.  There is no sign of a challenge for this
year, possibly because the big manufacturers are now into GT racing again
and a budget in the millions is required to be even close.

Dave Vodden
Plus 4 4 Seater
Hampshire UK