RE: Painting fenders

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Painting fenders
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 00:35:49 -0400
Tom,

My '52 +4 Flat Rad is grey, but the undercarriage (rear axle, front
suspension), inside of bonnet, firewall, inside of all four fenders is
red.  According to the information I picked up from the Morgan Works two
years ago, the original colour was green (presumably BRG).  I haven't
checked to see what's underneath the red paint, and I can't imagine a
BRG Morgan with red undercarriage, unless it was somebody's idea of a
Christmas joke.

With the exception of a view from the front of the car, it's hard to
spot the red inside fenders.  Out of curiosity, I also had a look at
what colour photographs I have of Morgans (Harvey's and Bowden's books)
with no success: the photographs show no discernible colour on the
inside of the fenders (these area are invariably too dark in the
photographs).

Morganites,

Is there a standard color for such components as rear axles, etc.  I
noted that new Morgans under construction in Malvern Links have black
rear axles, but has this always been the case?

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4 flat rad
Pinawa, MB