kingpins

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: kingpins
From: NOGERA <NOGERA@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 02:08:36 -0700
> William Zehring wrote:
> >
> > Fellow Mog-o-philes:
> >
> > I am about to undertake a front end rebuild on my 4/4.  This will involve
> > new kingpins, bushings, upper and lower kingpin springs, and some blood,
> > sweat and tears as well.  Any one out there who's done this and can offer
> > advice on the job?Will

Boy can I help you with this project!!!

Clip the following and on reassembly you can just paste it to a message and
send it off
to the list.

_
HELP!!!!!! How do you get the stupid oiler bolt to ingage in the king Pin??????
_______

Also make sure you have a 2X4 laying near by. The 4/4 I helped a friend with
was so
light that
when we would attempt to jack the kingpin and spring in place the chassis
would lift before the king pin was anywhere near being bolted up. We used the
2X4
between the
car and the garage ceiling to hold it down.
Also a neat trick, screw the old king pins together and they fit nicely into
the bottom
tube of the
front suspension adding a little more beef.

Shame all that works not going to make that 4/4 go faster :)

Bob Nogueira