Re: kingpins

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: kingpins
From: "Pete Crawford" <petecrawford@enterprise.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 23:40:12 +0100
 Bob Nogueira wrote:

Snip
> Also a neat trick, screw the old king pins together and they fit nicely
into the bottom
> tube of the front suspension adding a little more beef.

This might be OK, but I would be wary of 'adding beef' if it isn't
carefully considered. A previous owner of a 54 Plus 4 that I once owned
decided to add beef to the chassis legs ahead of the bulkhead crossmember
by welding on some thicker material. End result - a solid leg that
transferred all its flex to a single point and fracured the chassis. Once
the body was removed, one front leg came off the chassis with no more than
a few up and down wiggles with my fingers! Not very comforting when this
came a few days after braking hard from 100mph for a roundabout! Take
care!!

Pete