Tyres/tires

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tyres/tires
From: arlin robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 23:59:42 -0700
Anyone have suggestions/sources re: reasonable (in Price and Performance)
rubber for my '61 +4 Roadster. She's currently undershod in 145 SR
15" Kleber C-1's--no longer available in any size. I've checked TireRack,
Discount Tire, Universal, Coker's, Wheelworks, and sundry local (SF Bay
area) sources.
        The limited choices in a 165 x 15 run from the unaffordable to
the unheard-of. Somewhere in between are Michelin XZX, Continental CT-22,
Dunlop SP-20. Is there a clear choice among these for performance
(handling & braking--not longevity)? Am I overlooking a performance tire
bargain by ignoring the private label offerings?
        When I find my 165 x 15s, Is anyone out there interested in a
nearly new set of 4 145 SR 15 Kleber's?
        Thanks.

Michael Jhon
arlin@slip.net