Re: Tyres/tires

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net, arlin robins <arlin@slip.net>
Subject: Re: Tyres/tires
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 07:28:37 -0400
     For what it's worth: I have been using Michelin X-stop tyres/tires
     from Coker for about two months now in 165R16s, which is what my 57
     Plus 4 can use. Not hitting the tops of the spring towers. Used them
     on the track for the first time at Loudon in very hot weather one
     month ago, performed very well (from my limited perspective- I haven't
     used other rubber on race tracks except the late unlamented Avon
     5.25x16 HM Tourist which were exciting). The tread's about as soft as
     I'd want on a track- the bottoms of the tyres were the texture of
     rough sandpaper after 20 or 30 laps at Loudon at 90-degree
     temperatures (ambient), and there were gobs of rubber on the front
     fenders from all those other guys (faster other guys) in their Allards
     and Arnolt-Bristols. I'm happy with them.

     Chip Brown