searching for a drinving cheep morgan

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: searching for a drinving cheep morgan
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:54:36 -0400
Hay, gang,

  Anybody know of a "drivable" Morgan in need of a restoration to help
this fellow out???

John

--------------

>From: jan Mekes <j.mekes@tip.nl>
>To: "'jblair@exis.net'" <jblair@exis.net>
>Cc: "'jblair@exis.net'" <jblair@exis.net>
>Subject: searching for a drinving cheep morgan
>Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 22:07:17 +0200
>Return-Receipt-To: <j.mekes@tip.nl>
QAA05880

>Dear John,
>
>Since a few years i'm looking for a cheep Morgan which is well able to
drive. After driving it a little bit of time i would like to restore it. I
have restoring experience with a Citroen traction avant of the year 1953.
This car I bought in 1985 for Dfl 5.000 ($ 3.000) and after restoring it
it's now taxated at Dfl 23.500.
>Because there is a lot of work and fun in the car i don't want to sell it.
But if there is no other way to get a Morgan i'm willing to do that,
because the Mog is my lifewish.
>But fingers are useless now since the Citroen is restored and my favourite
car always was a Morgan. Tried everywhere to get a cheep driving one, but
didn't succeed. It seems that all Morganeers hold her cars and never there
is a car brought too a car-chemetry.
>I wish i was a lucky as you by finding such a nice car, I bought all books
i can get to look in advertises for a cheep car, but didn't succeed so far.
>By searching the web I noticed your very good articles and my thought was
"why don't ask a Morganeer if he is aware of a cheep Morgan to sell?"
>The price I have in mind is about $ 5.000 but therefor the car must be
drivable and restorabele. Bevcouse i live in Holland it must be a right
hand drived one, but a left hand would be no care.

>I hope you succeed in finding such one and that the overtake to Holland
isn't  too  much money....

>I thank you in advance,
>

>Jan Mekes
>Rozemarijntuin 12