Re: air filters

To: "Robert K. Alexander" <ralex@unm.edu>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: air filters
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 12:42:17 -0400
At 07:45 AM 9/6/97 -0900, you wrote:
>Sorry about that last message - switched subjects in mid-stream.  Was
>also going to ask if anyone had any kind of solution to putting air
>filters on a TR4+4?  There is nearly zero space on the front carb, but I
>hate to put a scoop on that beautiful bonnet.  What we need is some kind
>of magic membrane that flows air, filters dust, and is very thin!

Bob,

  How do I put this politely?  How old are you?  When was the last time
you went on a date?  There is this modern invention most fellows are
familuar with, panty hose.  Or if you old fashioned, or have a girl friend
that likes to please you it used to be called a Garter belt and hose.

  What do this have to do with Morgans.  For starters, you aren't going
to make much woopie in the cramped quarters of a Morgan. Although I
have had several very enjoyable evenings necking with a young lady that is
now my wife, in the Morgan.  Just be very careful of where you park,
especially with the top down.  It's not very private.

Secondly, if you don't want to put a scoop on your bonnet, the you can
stretch some of your female's old hose across the intake throat of the
carb.

If you don't like that idea, how about a piece of screening?

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire