Re: air filters

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: air filters
From: "Robert K. Alexander" <ralex@unm.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 11:39:38 -0900 (PDT)
John, Thanks for the ever-so-delicately phrased reply.  In self-defense, I
must assure you (and I know you won't believe this) that I HAD considered
such wonder garment membranes as you describe, but didn't want to offend the
gentlemanly sensitivities of this group.

But now that you have, this reminds me of the time a friend of mine lost his
fuel-pump diaphram while out in the field; fixed it with a spare (and, I
presume, virgin) condom.  Please, let us not get side-tracked from such
important issues as shock absorbers and tub repair with stories about
parts replacement from the fairer sex's wardrobe. (I.e., anymore good
stories out there?)

Bob Alexander

PS:  never did try making out in my old '53 +4, but did have some
experience later on with a P1800.  Privacy was not required for "top
down" so much as for both doors open, if you get my drift.