Re: Stalling problem

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net, Dave & Linda Freeman <dlfreeman@ipa.net>
Subject: Re: Stalling problem
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 10:30:57 -0400
     Check for crud in the gas tank, fuel filter, sediment bowl (in that
     order) and SU pots. When I first bought my 57 Plus Four same dam thing
     happened. There was about a pound of rust in the gas tank, gas filter
     would plug up, sediment would float away when I stopped, then pile up
     again after a few nice miles of motoring. Thought it was the coil.
     (another possibility, by the way. Get a spare coil.) Ended up putting
     a fuel cell in, replacing fuel pump and cleaning carbs, but the
     trouble-shooting was the tough part because all the trouble was
     originating with an in-line fuel filter that the previous nitwit had
     tucked into the fuel line between the gas tank and the steel fuel
     pipe. Was behind the "upholstery" in the back. Had no idea there was
     one until, out of desperation, I started following the fuel line back
     from the carbs.

     Chip Brown