Re: Stalling problem

To: Dave & Linda Freeman <dlfreeman@ipa.net>
Subject: Re: Stalling problem
From: "Noah L. Anglin" <nlaark@hooked.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 07:53:16 -0700
Dave & Linda Freeman wrote:

> The last time I attempted to drive my plus four (only a few miles) it
> exhibited a new problem. After about a quarter mile or less it would begin
> to lose power and eventually die. It would restart relatively easy only to
> do the same thing just a little further down the road. I eventually got it
> home and in the garage where I have let it sit several weeks out of
> annoyance. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Dave and Linda Freeman  <http://www.ipa.net/~dlfreeman>
> Living the Good Life

Sounds like it could be fuel pump related. You might check any "rubber"
fuel hoses between the tank and pump to see if they are "swollen" as
they can "collapse" when the pump is pumping.  Or, of course, it could
just be the pump, filling up the carbs & lines while cranking and then
"running out of gas".

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Noah Anglin, 68 +4