Re: Gudgeon Pins

To: morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gudgeon Pins
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 19:30:49 -0400
>>  HUH?
>>
>>  C'mon, Joe! You made that up, didn't you?

Did not!

It came from one of PUNCH magazine.

I did not realize gudgeon pins were primary found on sailboats, but the issue
of PUNCH was an automotive number, so who could have guessed.  Of course, PUNCH
is a satire magazine, so anything is possible.

Actually, gudgeon pins sound like the sort of thing Morgans would have in them
somewhere, after all, they have sliding pillars.  If so, I would hate to have
mine tram-lining due to neglect.

As to "flasking", that could be how the mechanic seeks relief at the end of a
particularly bad day.

Joe DeLuca
'62 yellow 4/4
Sparta, NJ