Re: Gudgeon Pins

To: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gudgeon Pins
From: sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:39:32 GMT
"I did not realize gudgeon pins were primary found on sailboats, but the
issue of PUNCH was an automotive number, so who could have guessed.  Of
course, PUNCH is a satire magazine, so anything is possible."

Joe,

I sent the important gudgeon pin tech tip to my brother who owns a TR6 and
his response leads me to believe that gudgeons may be used on these Triumphs.
 His reply follows:

Steve:
What a co-ink-ee-dink!!!   I had just maintained my gudgeon pins.  I've
found that the best lustralising agent or anticoagulant flux is Guinness
Stout.  If you find the viscosity too heavy, mix 50-50 with Bass Ale and
you'll have a tantalizing Black and Tan lustralising agent or
anticoagulant flux.  If you need to take some on the road, I recommend
"flasking."

Since I have the kids this weekend, I won't be able to visit a pub and
do any flasking of lustralising agent or anticoagulant flux and meet
women of the opposite sex.  Therefore, I am very unlikely to end up well
bedded in between the splines.  Unfortunately, this could lead to
overtightening of my crux bolt, leading to signs of seepage where the
gaiters rub against the main rostrum on the 'up' stroke.  Fortunately,
I've just acquired a new calipered (or nib-ended) pargeting tool to
check the inner tension.  If my inner tension is thwarted or
'tram-lining', I'll use the bezel OR variable arm with liberal
applications of lustralising agent or anticoagulant flux .  And if that
doesn't work, I'll switch OFF and replace the grommets without delay.

Wish me luck.
Ron