Re: Self Oiling System Alternatives

To: Wildbil923@aol.com
Subject: Re: Self Oiling System Alternatives
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 23:03:54 -0600
Bill,
I listened to several people (most of whom had never done it) urging me
to replace the one-shot oiling system on my car in the late sixties.  I
did the zerks because I (like the others who recommended them) did not
understand how Morgan sliding pillars work.  Perhaps Fred is correct that
lubricants have come a long way, but at the time I certainly went through
King pins quickly.  Fred is totally correct that fabrication of the lines
is no big deal.  A final thought would be that if the Lord hadn't wanted
Morgan to have the one-shot system, he would not have told them to use
it.
Chuck Harris
Companion of Matilda (66 4/4, faster than most and a fixed generating
system, thanks to Nogueria)