Re: speed?

To: alevisen@gdhscats.org
Subject: Re: speed?
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:17:17 -0600
Arlo,
Put on a sweater, leave the hood at home, borrow Wilburn's kidney belt
(no protection on a Ducatti anyway) drive very fast, frighten small
children and women, carry a Winchester in 44-40 and try to catch Nogueria
(who just passed you at warp) in a +4.  The weak structural part of a
Morgan is maintenance, which shows up a lot of times when you use it as a
Shooting Break.  Morgans are sports cars and should be driven as such. I
know of Brits who use theirs in Trials. Go very fast and quit hitting
bumps if they bother you.  Safety is being in control. Perhaps +8's are
not as safe as 4/4's as they probably feel more like a Corvette or some
other truck.
Chuck Harris
Very quick in Texas