Re: speed?

To: arlo j levisen <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Subject: Re: speed?
From: Martin Kurrein <mograces@mkurrein.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 07:34:59 +0000
In message <36744C2C.21B3@gdhscats.org>, arlo j levisen
<alevisen@gdhscats.org> writes

>My question has to do with how fast one can safely drive these cars?  I
>am presently experiencing - and I have only driven this car with the
>hood up due to the temps - a "rifle shot" caused whenever I hit a bump.
>This comes from the "give" in the vinyl as well as the lack of "travel"
>in the suspension.

First off, if the car does not have adjustable Koni dampers all round
I'd invest in a conversion - the difference is incredible.

Second - do you *really* need a hood?

Third - we have some pretty bumpy tracks (and roads!) over here and I
have no problem up to 120 mph or so - but without roof and windscreen!
--
Martin Kurrein                -      The older I get the faster I was.
mograces@mkurrein.co.uk