Re: Death In MOG South Club

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Death In MOG South Club
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:01:32 -0500
Dear all;

It was when I read this portion of Rick Rader's message...

>Nancy's robin blue drophead coupe ("Mother Courage") was much loved by
>Nancy and (like lots of Morgans) assumed a personality very much like Nancy
>herself - elegant, whimsical and understated.

...that I realized that my wife and I met this fine couple about 4 years
ago at a show in Dearborn, Michigan ("English Day on the Green").  They had
trailored the dhc up from their southern home.  My wife and I had a very
pleasant conversation with both Nancy and her husband.  I remember them
both to be quite cordial and enthusiastic, and very encouraging about my
wife's and my budding interest in the Morgan marque.  Almost exactly one
year later I had snagged the 4/4 we now own.  Too often I find that the
owners I meet at shows are just a bit too self and auto-absorbed.  Not so
with these two!  I will never forget the blue dhc; it was a stunningly
beautiful car, made much more so by her owners.  Rick describes the car and
the lady perfectly.  Her death is a substantial loss to the Morgan community.

Will Zehring

p.s. Is this a great car, or what!