Re: Hinges

To: nogera@prodigy.net, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hinges
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:01:19 EST
I have repined a couple of sets by bolting both halves down and drilling
through both at once. Also cured loose hinges by subtle application of a
hammer and vise to tighten them. A bit crude sonding but they worked fine for
nine years & then I sold the car.
Now that I have a couple of lathes, I think that I would drill/reem the hinges
and make a pin to fit. At my level of machine skill- they would probably be no
better than the hammer/vise repair. I'd have fun though.
Maybe remove pin, tighten slightly with vise and re-drill to take std pin?
Sounds like it would work.

fred