Tires and Tachometers

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tires and Tachometers
From: mcrossan@netcom.ca
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:31:16 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

        I have two questions for any early Moss box +8 owners out there.
Firstly, can anybody recommend a real good set of tires
for this vintage +8 with the original +8 mags (5.5 inch rim.) Secondly, does
anybody else have problems with tachometer
readings in their early 68-72 +8s. I'm asking on behalf of a friend - he took
his 69 Morgan to be "air-cared" and they claim
that to get their testing machines to read 2500 rpms, the Mogs tach read about
4300?! This reading seems consistnet with the
way the car revs at highway cruising speeds.  Supposedly, the engine'sturning
at 5000 rpm to do 60-70 mph in fourth gear when
other 69 +8's pull this speed at 3000!? What's the deal? If anyone has similar
problems, or know how to fix this problem, I'd
be happy to hear from you.

David McCrossan

mcrossan@netcom.ca