Re: +4 Transmissions

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: +4 Transmissions
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 19:39:51 -0500
At 01:04 PM 3/7/98 -0500, John T. Blair wrote:
>With the parts for the Moss transmission getting very hard to find and
>very expensive, has anybody ever played with replacing the Moss
>transmission with something else?
>
>I've got a friend in DC area that was wondering.  I would think that with
>just a little ingenuity you could convert to a TR box or something?
>Unfortunately, the 4/4 has a different set up and I haven't played with
>a +4 that much.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that members of the Morgan Sports Car
Club in the UK had figured out how to fit a 70's Toyota Celica 5 speed into
a plus four in place of the Moss box. I know there's a couple of members of
the New England regional MG club (the 'T Party") who have modified
bellhousings on a Japanese tranny to bolt right up to an MG TC.

Any of you UK people know about this?

Jerry Murphy
'67 Plus 4