SV: she's alive!

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SV: she's alive!
From: "Bjørn Schage" <schage@online.no>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:38:13 +0200
Hello Everyone.

In order to capture the last remnants of winter (?!) I spent the weekend at
Spitsbergen          ( Svalbard ) islands. Situated at 78 deg. north it's
cold enough;  - 15 deg. C and and app. 15 m/s wind should amount to
something around -40 deg. But really; If you're properly dressed ( looking
like the Michelin Man) the nature, light and wildlife will knock you off
your feet.

We went on a snow-scooter ride ( must be something like riding a 3-wheeler )
and saw polar bear, Svalbard-reindeer and a 2 day old seal ( you know the
white kind that seems to be all fur and eyes). We even scratched it's chin.

Well; to the case.....
You talk about changing oil in the springtime. I always change the oil when
I put the car into hibernation. I don't want the acid in the old oil to do
any damage during the months out of use. Is there a point to this, or am I
being overly cautious? Would I have to change oil in spring even if I
changed it in the fall? Should I use any special oil for preservation?

BTW. I got "Morgan Life" the other day. Looks like our dutch friend is back
in business. I was specially intrigued by the story about Chris Booth. I
have never met him, but he is currenly rebuilding a 1934 Beetleback
Matchless Super Sports for me to be finished next summer.

Happy Morganeering

Bjørn Schage
-62 +4 4-str.
-69 +8 (soon to be fitted with 4 Dellorto carbs and big bore SS exhaust.
App. 250 BHP should seriously move this car. )