Re: Gasoline tanks

To: "wagstaff@newnet.co.uk" <wagstaff@newnet.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Gasoline tanks
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 98 18:16:10 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Dave,
I've found the only solution to be filling very slowly or repainting the
rear  panel every couple of years.
When I had my tank apart a few years back I tried installing a   venting
tube  which ran along the top inside of the tank and ended at the filler.
It  didn't work.

I've played with the idea of making a 'Filling Bib '  which I could  place
around the filler neck so the overflow would run down the bib rather than
the paint.

I find even filling the tank slowly does not insure it won't overflow .

I too would be interested in others solutions

Bob Nogueira
1964 Plus 4   (5712)