Re: Gasoline tanks

To: "David Wagstaff" <wagstaff@newnet.co.uk>, <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gasoline tanks
From: Colin Butter <c.butter@umds.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:21:51 +0000
At 07:49 05/04/98 +0100, David Wagstaff wrote:
>I have  new Plus 4, and a second filler cap for venting would be a great
>improvement.  The tank has to be filled very slowly, or fuel blows back and
>runs all over the back of the car.
>
>Does everyone have the same problem?  Has anyone found a cure?

This is a really strange one.    I have a Plus 4 4-seater, delivered a
month or so after Daves.  The filler pipe has some sort of a seal within
it,  the result being that no petrol whatever leaks whilst filling!!

My guess is that this is another change that  "transition" cars may or may
not have.  stainless bulkhead and cowl are other examples.   Or perhaps it
is 4 vs 2 seats?  The car is going for a service tomorrow, so I will enquire.

Colin

Dr Colin Butter
Physiology Dept
UMDS, St Thomas' Campus