Wire Wheel Conversion

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: JClax5817 <JClax5817@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:57:35 EDT
Morgan friends,
I was brainstorming on how I could expand my options on converting my 1956 +4
to wire wheels. One of my wilder ideas came to me as explained below. Can
anyone offer any comments as to whether this line of thinking has any
validity?

1) Morgans have a lug pattern similar to later Volkswagens, I think.
2) Volkswagen chassis were used in some kit cars, I think (I never paid them
much attention).
3) Wire wheels were common on the VW chassis kit cars, I think (I never paid
them much attention).
4) VW chassis kit car wire wheels will possibly fit Morgans?
5) What were those wire wheels used on kit cars with VW chassis (type &
manufacturer)?

(I told you it was a wild idea, but now my curiosity is up!)

Jack Claxton
1956 +4 4 seater