Re: Wire Wheel Conversion

To: JClax5817@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:25:15 -0500
Jack,
I mean no disrespect but this sounds like appearance over substance.  You
can obtain  from Morgans the Rudge style hubs and carriers for wire
wheels (which are available).  Blodget, when he took delivery of his plus
8 from Bill Fink at Isis,  in I think 1980, converted his car to wire
wheels using (I think) re-machined MG hubs.  You might think about
contacting Bill Fink as he may have done this for Blodget.  Milard Almon,
who I have lost contact with, converted a series 2 4/4, but he used
Morgan bits, I will try to locate him to see if drawings exist with part
numbers.  Gerry Wilburn probably knows how to do it properly or has a
tech article from the Aussies,(who have always already done what ever you
think you just came up with).  Bob Nogueria can't help because he is
holding his sides in laughter over this entire thread.    If you were
really thinking wild would the wire wheels from a F2 or any of the late
trikes fit?  I think the bolt pattern is the same.  Of course you might
have to go to a smaller brake drum but who needs to stop when you look
cute.
Chuck Harris
Worried about the possible loose rod in Matilda from Sunday's EastTexas
Blue Bonnet tour.  Glover, Boyles and Noguria's Morgans were ready to
replace Big Blue.  Matilda was ready to overheat and did and did for all
300 + miles.