Re: Wire Wheel Conversion

To: morgans@autox.team.net, JClax5817 <JClax5817@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 08:13:00 -0400
     A cautionary note or two. I have a '57 Plus Four that had 5.25" tires
     on it when I bought it. I now have Mich X-stops with a metric size I
     can never remember, but with either tire, the clearance with the
     suspension with camber set stock and fully loaded is minimal- I would
     say significantly less than an inch. But my point is: check and see
     how much room you have for wider wheels. See Sisson's book. As I
     recall, he's got some chitchat on this. Even better, since you're
     neighbors, go see Fred!

     Chip Brown

     PS- If you go with the wires and you want to sell your 16" rims, let
     me know and I might buy them if they're not too badly beaten up.

     CB