Re: Location of parts

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Location of parts
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 98 21:42:14 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

John :
The coil on the +4 is mounted on the left side of the engine about half way
between the front and back of the engine. The brake light switch is in the
same location as the 4/4 only on the left side.

Now lets see ....................  if you use the brake light wire for the
coil and the coil wire for the brakelights would that mean your car would
only run when you step on the brakes ?????????????????? :)

While on the topic  of left side and right side, could one of the Brits on
the list please advise me as to which is the 'near' side and the 'off' side
?

Anyone know the origin of those terms?

Is it  as commonly used in GB as it is in  the British magazines?

Bob  Nogueira  ' Who barely knows his left from his right '

> Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-98 05:56 PM
>
> From: Blair John               \ Internet:    (jblair@exis.net)
> To:   MORGANS                  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: Location of parts
>
> I've got a couple of +4 question for you big boys:
>
>   1. Where is the coil located?  -  On the 4/4 it is mounted on the
>      right side valance about 1/2 the way between the firewall and
>      the front suspension subframe.d
>   2. Where is the stop light switch mounted.  On my 4/4 it is also
>      mounted on the right side of the car, one the lower chassis rail
>      just infront of the firewall.
>
> I'm in the process of installing a new wiring harness I got from British
> wiring.  They supply a +4 harness with a 4/4 adapter kit.  I have had
some
> problems installing the harness but nothing major.  For those interested
in my
> trials, I'm writting them a letter with I think I'll put up on the Morgan
Web