Re: 1979 PLUS 8 (SD1) Engine color???

To: Naoz@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1979 PLUS 8 (SD1) Engine color???
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:36:29 +0100
Naoz@aol.com writes
>Does anyone know what the original factory finish is for the SD1 engine ('79
>Plus 8)?
>
>My car's engine is painted all (everything!!!) black (by the previous ignorant
>owner). I am removing the black paint with engine cleaner and high pressure
>water. The layer under the black is "primer" gray. Is looks like powder
>coating to me. Is this original Morgan finish? The intake manifold, valve
>covers, air intake bellows and air intake tubes are all finished with this
>gray stuff. I would like to make it all aluminum finish. What is the correct
>factory finish? Any one with knowledge of this please reply.

The first thing to bear in mind is that Morgan do not refinish bought in
componants. (Like everything else Morgan there are exceptions, the
Wooler remote shifter on earlier 4/4s was refinished on factory cars,
they ground the name off!)

The grey colour is most likely the original finish. "Original Morgan"
has some good piccies, pages 110-111.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4