disk to wire

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: disk to wire
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 12:12:02 -0400
Dear all;

A group of local car-guys, in which I am a sometimes reluctant member, were
discussing the hassles of conversion of a disk wheel'd MGB to wires by
swapping from a rusty parts car that's in the area.  It turned out to be
more complicated than I had expected, with issues of the two alternative
rear axles, overdrive or non-overdrive trannys, length of prop-shafts,
coarse and fine threads, and other minutia.  This lead me to wonder what
the story is with our beloved Morgan.  Can someone open up a discussion of
this process?  Anyone made the switch?  Just how absurdly complicated would
it be?

cheers,
Will Zehring