Re: brake (break?) fluid

To: "Robert K. Alexander" <ralex@unm.edu>, "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: brake (break?) fluid
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 23:54:09 -0800
We have not tried using the Ford lifters as we have now found and have in
stock good hard, Rockwell C scale
56 and better standard configuration lifters.  I feel that that fewer things
in the engine it is necessary to change the better.  So far, as far as I
know,  we have not had a lifter failure with any of the lifters or cams we
have supplied.  I feel having the lobes of the cam tapered to match the
loffset of the lifter bores over the cam obes is extremely important as it
allows the proper matching of the lifter and cam lobe surface to one another
and  promotes lifter rotation which is certainly important to cam and lifter
durability, especially when using racing spring pressures.