Re: What Tires?

To: Jeff Webster <carfindr@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: What Tires?
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 08:39:08 -0800
Jeff Webster wrote:
 having just acquired a 1958 ('57 year build, I think) Plus 4.

 do radial tires work wellon early Morgans or should I just get more
crossplys?

Hi Jeff,

The answer to your question is dependent somewhat on what size rims you
have.  A '57 +4 would be expected to have 16" steel rims.  There are not
many choices in tires for this size.  A Morgan friend in NJ has found
400mm radials that he says work well.

With 15" rims there are more choices in radials.  Having converted my
'58 +4 to 15" rims and radial tires, I can say that there's a world of
handling improvement in using radials.

Regards,
Tony Souza