Re: What Tires?

To: <tjsouz@epix.net>, "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: What Tires?
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 14:34:46 -0800
Radial tires are the best thing you can do for a Morgan..The flexible side
wall adds an additional element to the suspension and DRAMATICALLY  IMPROVES
the ride by taking the harsh edge off of each suspension movement.  With
tires of the correct size and type the steering responsivness is also
improved.  Just don't go to wide.  For the street, wider is not necessarily
better.   The proper size for  15 inch  wheels that are 4 inches
ide( original steel wheels) is 155X 15.  These are very hard to find so
settle for 165X 15.  Lately we have been fitting Dunlop SP 20 radials in
this size.  The work well although on some cars there is a problem fitting
them into the spare tire space as the carcass it a little wide.   Perrelli
P-3s were great on a Morgan, but they are long out of production.
                                                                    Regards,
Greg Solow