Re: Shop air compressors

To: jblair@exis.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, Spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Shop air compressors
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:57:55 EST
John -

Thanks for the warning.  I just got a brand new 8 hp 60 gallon DeVibliss
compressor for my birthday (yes, I have a great wife, even if the Morgan is a
little rough for her complete enjoyment).  I'm just insulating and panelling
my shop, and am speculating on how to pipe the air around the shop (30' x
40'); am looking at 3/4" copper pipe inside the walls and ceilings.   The
directions say to include moisture separators, water traps, regulators, and
air transformers all around the system.  Looks pretty complicated to me; I'll
probably start simple and add stuff as I go.  Anybody got any "BEEN THERE,
DONE THAT, DON'T YOU DO IT, TOO, JUNIOR" advice for a new air system?

                                        Lannis