Re: Various and sundry,

To: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Various and sundry,
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:35:58 -0400
Jeff, pick up the Fred Sisson book "The Morgan Bedside Reader" ASAP, as
he's almost out of them. Morgan Spares's catalogue and Melvyn Rutter's both
have excellent blow up drawings of the cars, which probably show the grease
nipples. Make sure you get the one reached through the top front of the
transmission tunnel!

The jack is a screw jack that mounts a pintle into the hole in the frame
crossbar just between your legs. That's what the removable plate in the
floor is for. Looks sort of like an old VW bus jack with a crank at the
top. Wonderfully simple and effective, it lifts one side of the car at a
time completely off the ground. It gives you a good idea of the fore & aft
balance of the car. If you have steel disk wheels, get a 4 way wheel wrench
and find a place to permanently stow it in the car, maybe in the unused
battery floor pan behind the driver's seat. Or, get a 1/2" drive very long
breaker bar, a short extension and the appropriate socket to fit the lug
nuts. This rig will easily stow in the scuttle toolbox. If you have wire
wheels, get a copper or lead  headed knock-off hammer.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4 6676