Re: Various and sundry,

To: carfindr@tiac.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Various and sundry,
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:24:54 EDT
Jeff -

I don't know much about Morgans, but I can answer two of your questions from
my own "newbie" experiences.

The gearbox oil for those cars using 30w is in fact straight 30W
non-detergent engine oil.  If you stick your finger in the filler hole on the
tranny and get a little fluid on it - if it's dark and stinks, its 90W, and
you might want to check to see if that's what you should be running; maybe
it's not the original gearbox.

Jack the car anyplace WHERE A CROSSMEMBER JOINS THE MAIN FRONT-TO-REAR
CHASSIS RAIL.  Jacking on the chassis flange at an unreinforced point (which
is most of its length) will result in a bent flange and maybe a warped
chassis.

My car didn't come with any tools either, so I'm no help there.   Gluckauf!

                                        Lannis