Re: My kingdom for a good refererence book...

To: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My kingdom for a good refererence book...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:47:20 -0400
At 07:34 AM 4/13/99 -0400, Jeff Webster wrote:

>My kingdom for a good refererence book...

For starters Jeff, between Fred's book and my Morgan web page, you have
one hell-of-a start.  Next with this list, you can't ask for much more.

>If this is the case, how does the trim cover it to achieve that padded
>effect?

There is "horse hair" similar to jute glued to the vertical wall of the
chassis, and layed over the flat part of the sill plate.  Then the leather
is set on top of the horse hair.  Starting at the top outer edge (in the
door way) it is tacked down with escrution (sp) pins - small nails.  However,
"todays 'mercian technology" is to use a air powered staple gun to tack it
down.  The working from the center out continue tacking along the sill plate.
Then work on smoothing it down the vertical wall of the chassis, and tack it
to the floor boards.

I made some comments about this in one of my articles, I was thinking about
trying to make it more eaisly removable from the floor boards so you could
lift the leather to let the horse hair dry out when it gets wet.  Haven't
done anything about that yet.

>And while I'm on the subject of trim, does anyone sell good trim kits? - I'm
>not talking about seat covers and the like, but more the stuff that dresses
>up the sides and back of the cockpit.

These are very eaisly made.  It not rocket science, no sewing machine
required.  What could be easier :)

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi