Re: My kingdom for a good refererence book...

To: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My kingdom for a good refererence book...
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:49:39 -0700
originally the area behind the seats on a two seater roadster was rough
finished, black painted wood with no covering.  The sills just inside the
doors were covered with folded and multilayered jute padding, then
upolstered with either leather or  vinyl depending on how the car was
trimed. The inside of the doors were covered with vinyl, the panel to the
rear of the door was also vinyl.  Under the vinyl covering was a thin layer
of cotton padding that is called "glazing" for some reason that I don't
understand. The padding was very thin, so that  the covering feels "soft" to
the touch but does'nt appear to be padded.

Regards,

Greg Solow