Re: Cleaning cream switches and Indicator switch

To: DGreimel@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cleaning cream switches and Indicator switch
From: Ben Palmer <palsy@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 05:20:12 -0400
DGreimel@aol.com wrote:

> Ben:  Have you seen the raft of crap we started on the list?  The $.50 strap
> existed at the time, circa 1960.  Just move the decimal one space to the left
> and you will be able to buy one. If your brother changes his mind about
> selling, let me know.  I need one of these cars.  Haven`t owned one since
> selling my `62 SS in `64 with less than 2K miles on it, most of which were on
> race tracks.
> Don

I have offered and said to let me know when he was ready to part with
one.  It was his first car and called the Green Hornet.  He was
immediately drafted and spent his tour in Harrogate in the Lake
District!  The car had previously been run in Pennsylvania Hillclimbs.
Originally Bob Tullius kept it in tune.  He know SU's, etc.  The whole
family drove it and I took my MOT test in it.  I was used to tough
transmissions from driving Model T's, A's and old Jeeps and trucks on
farms.  We stole 3 trucks one night when the Model T dump truck went
over backwards into the dump.  We had to keep stealing bigger and bigger
ones to pull out the previous stuck one.
We were working for the ice cream company but were 14 to 16 and didn't
have permission to drive any of the trucks.

Sundays I would work a double.  I would drag in cleaning up late until
the manager gave up and went home.  Then I put the washing machines on
auto, took the waitress home to Pennsville in the Green Hornet and make
out in the driveway or den until her father .  Then I would powerslide
the Mog back home, clocking out at the plant on the way.  So I was
making time-and-a-'alf for making out rather than $1.  The Green Hornet
and later Red Arrow helped me cover the 15 miles quickly.  So I also
have a sentimental and nostalgic attachment to open-air motoring on a
lovely summer eve.  Dr. Gilmartin had some lovely daughters.

Beniamo