Re: Preflighting

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Preflighting
From: Lorne Goldman <snotrek@cil.qc.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 10:37:29 -0400

This pre-flighting thing has providing me with an opening for a straw
poll that I have been thinking of for a while.

For some time, I have been watching a very valuable info exchange going
on here but at times I wonder whether anyone is getting much driving out
of their mogs.

There are three things one can do with a Morgan, work on it, show it or
drive it. What do you do most of? The British dealers I have spoken to
say their customers average 10,000 miles a year in their Morgans, old or
new.
On the other hand, we are not amazed to see 1965 cars here with 35,000
miles on them.(1000 miles a year means it was driven only to the car
wash and back...what fun).

Can you email a reply with your average yearly mileage and the number of
months you can drive it (climate considered). I will add it up and
average it.

I take long trips with the Morgan...2000 miles at a pop. Any car from a
1999 Nissan or Chevy to a 1957 Morgan can break down at any time. I
would prefer it to be with a Morgan. A Morgan can be normally be fixed
at the side of the road...rarely can that be said of a 1999 vehicle.

Lorne