Re: Front suspension

To: wpels@worldnet.att.net, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front suspension
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 02:54:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/99 9:13:39 PM, wpels@worldnet.att.net writes:

<<When my '70 Plus 8 is cold - that is, hasn't been driven in a few days - I
have to hold my speed down, especially when cornering. If the road has any
sort of bumpiness at all, the left front wheel will start bouncing, with
increasing amplitude, until I haul the speed down. After the car warms up -
say 10 miles or so - it isn't so skittish, but I can still feel a slight
tendency for that wheel to bounce. Lube doesn't seem to play a part. Both
sides get oil freely and it doesn't seem to matter whether I've given it a
shot or not. The damper blade is intact and secure.>>

Suggest checking for worn bushings-jack offending wheel up, seize it at 12
and 6 o'clock, and shake vigourously=significant play indicates need for a
bushing and king-pin job. Also have it checked for wheel imbalance. However,
neither of the above problems should improve when the car is warm. Dave
Collins, San Diego.