Re: CAR & DRIVER

To: jdwelch@datawing.com, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CAR & DRIVER
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 02:54:38 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/99 5:16:54 PM, jdwelch@datawing.com writes:

<< "We don't need the US.  It
could go away tomorrow and we wouldn't notice it.">>

I am a little surprised that Peter Morgan would say that, even though it is
true, given the 5 year wait for Morgans in GB and the Continent at present.
Perhaps we need to see the context.
I am sure he well remembers the period in the early 50's when the MG TD gave
way to the MGA, and Triumph, Austin-Healey etc all became stream=lined. The
British, et al. lost interest in the Morgan, as it looked so dowdy, and the
Americans saved Morgan's bacon. Dave Collins, San Diego