OLD AMERICANS

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: OLD AMERICANS
From: ROWEMOGS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:42:23 EDT
Dear Michael, Lorne & Colin,

Me yet again!

My 7" long plastic model of a 'Racing Sports Car', 'Electrically Operated
Remote Controlled (i.e goes forwards and backwards and can be steered using
battery power - and it works), Empire Made (i.e. not in UK but in Hong Kong I
would guess, and before it became more politically correct to call it the
Commonwealth)'.  Nowhere on the box or model does it suggest that the car is
a Chevrolet 'Corvette', although it very obviously is an early 'Vette - non
white so not a '53; no door handles (still an optional extra on a Morgan! -
neither of the two Morgans I have owned have them - extra security feature?)
so pre '56.

Whether the red is 'Sportsmen Red' or 'Gypsy Red' I cannot tell; it has a mid
brown interior (rather like milk chocolate), but there is no top in evidence.

Referring to the Pierce-Arrow 1601 and it's rounded look, large sedans in the
US and Europe between 1935 and 1955 had the length to make them look good.
However the average, small family sedan in Europe looks 'a bit twee' with the
same look.

regards,

Chris Rowe