Re: Car & Driver

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Car & Driver
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 23:38:48 -0400
At 09:04 PM 5/14/99 -0500, Bob Nogueira wrote:

 Bravo, Bob, and three cheers for intellectual honesty and integrity!

>Please advise  Mr. Towner that the rumors and  gossip he is hearing of there
>being rumors and gossip  about the New Morgan  are just rumors gossip.

 An absolutely inspired thought, but one which may have to wait for
Peter's departure, as he was once quoted as having said something
like, "We will tell you about it when exists". So much for talking about
what they may be working on. MMC isn't on the Internet yet so far as
I am aware, although some employees read the "List" as do a number
of U.K. Agents. Maybe you won't have to wait too much longer.

 Possibly also, MMC's new newsletter, "The Malvern Link" will develop
into something similar to what you desire. There is a partial reflection
of it on the Brands Hatch web site. <http://www.bhm.uk.com/>

 I'd be grateful personally if someone would take the trouble to update
the Morgan Motor Co. web site. The Works have changed so much in
the past three years that nothing on it much reflects the current
production process which is exceedingly improved.

>In ten minutes time I believe I could round up the mailing addresses of
>every major and minor Morgan club. If the factory is interested  in
>preventing  rumors and gossip and  would like to insure information is
>accurate I would suggest they send out a press release first to all those
>poor club newsletter  editors who are always looking for fresh topic for the
>next issue. The way I see it Those editors toil monthly to promote Morgan
>ownership and when the factory has something to show who gets it CAR &
>DRIVER  who hasn't mentioned Morgan in the past  15 years .

 Can we possibly hope you will both be too arthritic by then, or will you both
be have mastered voice recognition technology? Anyway, judging by you two,
isn't the best Morgan the one you happen to own?

>And on a other note:
> Do you think in 20 years Bob Jr and  Will Z  Jr will be arguing over which
>is better the 171/2 inch bumper Morgan or the  21 inch Morgan ?
>
>Bob Nogueira  Who will defend to the death the right  for anyone to post a
>message on this or any topic including saying ' Enough of this topic  "

 BTW, this mysterious Mr. Towner must have been at the Works on
Wednesday or Thursday because Charles had neither seen nor heard
about the "Car & Driver" and "Road & Track" articles on Tuesday morning
(16:20 GMT) when he returned my call. The whole thing sounds a bit
apocryphal to me. Could it be that someone else has an agenda as well?

Cheers,

Willie