RE: Speedbleeder

To: "Morgan Mail List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedbleeder
From: "Gary" <garc@iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:29:14 +0800
While I have not seen these current items, I do recall using something
similar in the late 70's.  It had exactly the same principle of a small
valve in the bleed screw.
I used them on the Morgan for a while but I recall that they eventually
seized up solid and I ditched them.  The other problem I recall is that I
was never convinced they got the very last bit of air out as the very fine
bubbles seemed to get caught up in the valve.

However the new ones may have overcome these issues.  Certainly when new
they worked as expected and made the bleeding a one person job.

The other technique I have used is to have a very long bleed hose and run it
up from the bleed screw before going down to the jar.  This encouraged the
fine bubbles to rise to the top bend in the tube rather than staying up in
the brake cylinder. Of course you do use a bit more brake fluid but I always
seem to use it by the gallon anyway.

Gary Arcus
Perth
1954 +4